If you write, you know that you need some skills to edit your own writing. SOLA has the workshop for you. Liz Pelletier, editor and co-owner of Entangled Publishing, will be presenting a full day workshop with pitches at Andrea’s Restaurant in Metairie, LA. Join us for this great opportunity to boost your writing with better editing.
Army veteran, kidney transplant and long time romantic fiction writer, Nancy S. Brandt, knows a thing about motivation and will share her insight at the May 18th SOLA meeting. “Heroes and Heroines” examines 16 archetypes and how harnessing their motivation will invigorate your writing. The Southern Louisiana Chapter of Romance Writers of America (SOLA)’s monthly meeting begins at 10:00 at the Jefferson Parish Library, East Bank, 4747 West Napoleon Avenue, in Metairie. For a map, visit here.
Have you completed a rough draft of your book but have no idea how to tackle your edits?
Have your submission efforts netted a full request from an editor or agent only to end in
rejection after they’ve reviewed your manuscript? Do you want to learn how to edit like a
professional editor? Then you are a prime candidate for this Self-Editing Workshop by Entangled Publishing Co-Owner and Editor Liz Pelletier.
- When: Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Where: Andrea’s Restaurant, 3100 19th Street, Metairie, LA 70002 (map)
- Time: 8:30am – 4:00pm with pitches from 4:00pm-5:00pm
- Cost: SOLA Members $85/ Non-members $90 (Early registration ends June 1st.)
- Late registration (June 2-10) SOLA Members $95/ Non-members $100
- Registration includes light breakfast and lunch.
- Space for the workshop and pitches is limited. Sign up early to ensure your spot.
To register fill out the form below, then pay via PayPal (links below) or mail a check to SOLA, c/o Nicholas Genovese, 237 Pi Street, Belle Chasse, LA 70037 before June 10, 2013.
**For hotel information or driving directions, please contact SOLA Fundraising Chair, Dawn Chartier.**